Wednesday, July 2, 2014

let freedom ring

I don't know why I've been dragging my feet in getting ready for the 4th. I realized Sunday that the 4th was this week and I better get my act together. I finally changed my spring decorations over. Maybe part of the reason is because i have to think up and create the decorations this year since there are new things a spaces in the house.  And I try to be especially creative by not spending any money, just using what I've got.

 I'm in the process of making these tin cans for the cutlery for our neighbor bbq. However, as I was finding a picture to put on the blog I found one where they used red tape and star stickers- REALLY CUTE. But it would cost me money so we'll stick with what we've got.


I'm going to do these stars on our lawn. Spray with water and then sift flour on.


I think I have a plan for dessert I'm taking. I think sugar cookies with m&M's in a flag shape and sugar cookies with strawberries and blueberries in star shape. And pretty much any of the ideas on this blog from Our Best Bites is an option for me at this point. 

Our primary is going to do a parade at our ward breakfast. I bought bubbles and flags for those who don't have bikes to ride. Should I buy batteries for our super old cd player so they can have music? Is that what people do for parades? My parents neighborhood parade is basically a glorified bike ride/walk behind a fire engine...no music. I always felt that the parade was lacking but it is still fun to see all the decorated bikes/wagons etc.  thoughts? And if I were to bring music what would be the best song? Grand ol' flag???

Anyway, I'm getting excited. I even took way too many hours trying to do a patriotic nail art on my toes. But I was watching a movie by myself and it kept me occupied. They are pretty cute for an amateur, if I do say so myself. :)

Happy 4th of July planning so that your holiday can be an joyful and relaxing and not hurried or stressed. :)

No comments: