Since I've had a nagging feeling for sometime now to get emergency prepared here is my plan.
* Water - I want another pack of bottled water and if I can find a place to hide it a bigger container of water. I want to also buy some filtration bottles.
*Food- I'll beging to buy Food Storage items from the church (#10 can stuff) to build a substantial 3 month supply...I decided since we don't have a lot of extra cash that this was going to be my birthday gift...it will be a gift not to feel this nagging, worrying feeling!
- I will also be assembling 72 hour food kits
* Light- I want to make these candles. Make sure I have all necessary flashlights and batteries and matches for the candles.
* Clothing- Put clothing and toiletry supplies in designated bag(s). And additonal blankets or items to keep warm.
* Tools-an extra can opener, pocket knife, figure out a way to cook from our home with out electricity....decide if we need a camp stove or something else like it.
*Emergency Plan and Documents- I like this websites ideas and thoroughness. I liked the idea about making a plan for different amount of notification time for evacuation. She divided out responsibilities for each person based off the alloted time. (if you look at her 26 week plan you may get overwhelmed. I have to start with these few ideas and then get more elaborate- i need to get started.)
*Survival Guides- I don't have a very good memory. So all the things I have read say about purifing water is already gone- so it would be nice to have all that information in one place when I need it. So I want to either find a good guide or make one.
As I do each of these things I'll post about what I'm planning or have done. Maybe it will help someone else but if nothing else-it gives me some accountability and a place to write out what I've done.
until next time friends
Friday, August 3, 2012
I'm getting all spiffy with my dinner calendar and I thought I'd share it for anyone who needs a little help figuring out what they are eating this month. I always love getting ideas from others-heck, that's why half of these are from Pintrest! I never stay right on with the dates on the calendar it just a nice guideline to go off of. I also went with a lot of easy meals since I really don't know when GG will be home for dinner and on those days I really don't feel like cooking. Unfortunately, I don't know how to attach a PDF document on here so that the links to the recipes would work. If you are really interested in a recipe let me know-or the ones with pictures you'll find on my Pinterest board.