Thursday, July 24, 2014

little campers

Last week we went "camping". Apparently camping in Nebraska is not camping.  But what is camping? Is it being in the middle of no where? Or is it simply sleeping in a tent and a campfire?  I agree that our camping wasn't hard core by any means.  We went to a state park where we camped surrounded by a lot of other campers, literally RV campers there were only a few other tents.  There were bathrooms and showers one campsite over...nice to have but it was far enough I had to get in the car in the middle of the night to take Boo. not fun.  We also had an electrical outlet, which we used to blow up our air mattress and plug in our griddle for pancakes in the morning.  :) we were really roughing it, I know. But if I'm going to go camping that's how I like it. It's convenient and I feel safer. I am not a in-the-middle-of-no-where camper.
We had fun and I think Boo had fun. It was the first time we went as a family.


We let Boo do a pony ride. we thought about the trail rides but didn't think that would go over too well with Little Miss and it cost a lot. Boo was quite happy with riding this poor pony that is forced to go around in a circle.



Paddle boats. Little Miss and I had to get off early because she was ready to jump over and play in the nasty lake water. 

We also went to the driving range and the tower that overlooks the Platte river.

Next time, I think we should try for two nights but I was kinda done by noon and anxious to get Little miss home for a nap and me for a shower.  It's amazing how camping makes you feel gross.

1 comment:

Kimber said...

i love this! sounds like fun (most of it;) i think camping is just being out in nature away from your natural habitat. outlet? showers? bring it. convenient camping is totally the way to go and makes for the best experience!