Sunday, November 16, 2014

the weekend

Friday night after I put the crazy kids to bed I waited for GG to come home. I was excited because I was determined to move our living room furniture around. I was just itching for a change and to keep the kids from constantly standing on the couch to look out the window.

The wonderful husband didn't complain hardly at all about my plans for the evening, even though he knows we will have to rearrange it in two week so we will have room for our Christmas tree. He knows what will help my sanity and improve me mood. Nothing like rearranging after being bombared by crazy kids all day. :) 

Unfortunately, my luck for the day hadn't changed. I forgot I had specifically asked Boo to move my laptop under the couch earlier in the day so it wouldn't get stepped on or played with by  Little Miss. Having forgot about it during our rearranging of furniture, it inevitably got stepped on while we moved the couch. I now have to hook my computer up to the TV to use it.  Plus side, I can still use it and access all my files. Down side, at some point I will have to give in and get a new computer. .. it was totally not on my list of wants for Christmas. .....unless I have a techy friend who happens to know how to change a computer screen on a laptop????

Yesterday it snowed. I dreaded it. I got everything taken care of Friday so I could just stay home. For whatever reason, I felt like I should make seeing the movie "meet the Mormons" happen. So we went. And it was fun walking downtown with the hubby in the snow. Then later on we played in the snow with the girls and went sledding. Little Miss did not enjoy her snow clothes, she cried and wailed  the entire time as I was putting them on her. Once we got outside she calmed down a bit but she still wasn't sold on it. I don't know that she ever enjoyed being all bundled up but once she saw we were there to have fun she relaxed more.

And this Little Miss started nursery today. From what I heard she did great and when I peeked in during lesson time she was sitting on her chair. The only squawk I heard while I sat outside the nursery, playing hall monitor,  was when she wanted her snack. I'm so glad. I've been worried about this day for 6-9 months because she is a bit more attached than Boo ever was. Yay for a good first day. :)
Had a rough start to the weekend but it turned out well. 

1 comment:

Suzanne and Nate said...

Little Miss is growing up too fast! She is a cutie too! I love that you guys rearranged furniture for a "date" night. So sorry though about your laptop. We had to replace our laptop screen back in Utah one Christmas when we out there. It ended up being a lot cheaper than we expected. I want to say it was $100, cheaper than a new one, but the screen was definitely not as nice as the one we started with, but we got used to it.