Friday, September 26, 2014

forever 23 is gone....

Sad news friends. I'm no longer perpetually 23. What happened?  I'm shocked. I've started to see some of the signs: the grey hair and a few wrinkles around my eyes. But when I changed my facebook profile picture, I clicked on the picture that takes you to the next picture in the profile album, it popped up a picture from when I was actually 23, no take that back, 24.  But that young little lady is starting to transition into...something, um...well, something older.

ahh well, the only thing that comforts me is that my husband is starting to look older too and we get to grow old together. Wrinkles and all. ahhh wedded bliss!

Here's to the new "forever 30". My goal: to look 30 until I'm 40 and then I will have to figure something else out.....but I think I just cringed writing 40. That doesn't seem possible, see I'm stuck in my twenties. This might be hard to let my mind accept that I am indeed getting older.

I also did some math the other day while walking to pick up Boo from school. I figured by the time Little Miss and any other hopeful children are done with this elementry school, I will be in my 40's. That is so weird.

okay. enough.  I will accept that I am older and be okay with it. Embrace it.  30, flirty and thriving...right? (from the movie 13 going on 30).


No comments: