Thursday, August 25, 2011

Fall Happiness

Today felt like fall. I liked it. I used to LOVE fall. I loved it for all of the same reasons others love it, school supplies, cooler weather, the changing leaves, the upcoming holidays, and for me, my birthday. Overall, there is just a feeling about fall that makes me happy. But I haven't felt the fall giddiness for a few years now. I generally blame it on football because my husband isn't around to bask in the fall loveliness with me but I realize its because I'm in a new phase of my life where I'm not surrounded by students or going to school so I don't feel the sense of new beginnings that come with fall. BUT today it felt like fall! I loved it.

I went raspberry picking with a friend while my mom watched Boo. I don't like raspberries particularly but I can't tell you how much I enjoyed searching out raspberries and filling my bucket. I kinda went off on my own while othersin our group tried to pick and watch their children. It was solitary bliss.  I loved not worrying about her.  I think I need a few hours like that a couple times of a month.

Tonight Boo and I went to the first football game of the year. We only made it through a little over a quarter of a game but it was so much fun to sit with Boo as she soaked in the football atmosphere. Which I must admit, I do like. It is exciting.  ***If any of you in the area want to come to a football game we'd love the company...just can't promise we'll make it through the whole game.

(I totally did not take this...came from the newspaper online)

Welcome back Fall!




2 comments:

Erika Davis said...

First of all, where did you go raspberry picking and secondly, I'd love to come to a football game with you!

Stephanie said...

I think it is okay to stop loving fall the best. When you are at different places in your life your favorite seasons change. I have never liked summer before but now that I have kids old enough to enjoy it I enjoy it more. And tell us when there is a game in Omaha.

And I can't imagine you liking raspberry picking. So not you.