Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Summer Recipes

A friend of mine was asking about summer recipes on her facebook page. I started listing different recipes and then I thought, I might as well put them somewhere I can look at it for my own use later.  And if you want to share your recipes that would be SOOO Awesome. :)

So here are a few of my favorite summer recipes that have some how been labeled "summer in my mind and or require minimal heating up of the house.

Southwest Egg Rolls from Sister's Stuff. I love this recipe. It's SO simple for the days I don't feel like cooking.  Granted, I already have chicken cooked and cut up in my freezer so I can just defrost it and throw it in.  I also think this recipe would be fine without the chicken.  I make the Alvocado sauce even though she says she just uses salsa.  And I don't grill it after I assemble them, we just eat them like a burrito or taco.
French Dipped Sandwichs- I just recently discovered these but they are so yummy to me. I originally made the Our Best Bites recipe but I also found this one from Barefoot and Baking I kinda of want to try.
BLT Chicken Salad- I don't know what blog I got this one off. sorry
8c Salad greens
2 large tomatoes chopped
Green onions, sliced
Croutons
1 1/2 lb bonelesss, skinless chicken breasts cooked and cubed
10 Bacon Strips, cooked and crumbled
2 Eggs, boiled and sliced

Dressing
1/2 c Ranch dressing
3-4 BBQ Suace
2 T onion chopped
1t lemon juice
1/4 t pepper

Combine the dressing ingredients, mix well, cover and refridgerate until serving.
Place salad greens on a large serving platter. sprinkle with tomatoes, chicken and bacon. Garnish with egges. Drizzle with Dressing. Avocados also make a yummy addition.

P.S. Plain ol' BLT's are an awesome Summer meal. yumm.

Chessy Rotini and Tuna from Kraft my mom also made one growing up that was served cold. She used rotini noodles, tuna, peas, olives, cubed pieces of cheese and anything else you want to throw in there. And maynoaise I believe. 

Chicken Salad in a Puff Bowl- I love this one. Its one that my mom made. The GG has gotten a little sick of it but I still love it. I'll have to make it one more time this summer.

Puff Bowl
1/2 C water
1/4 C butter
1/2 C flour
1/8 t Salt
2 eggs

Salad
2 C cutup cooked chicken
1 C celery chopped
1/2 C olives
1 small onion, chopped
1 T lemon juice
2 Hard boil eggs, diced
3/4 C mayonnaise

Heat water and margarine to a rolling boil, add flour and salt together and stir over low heat till it forms a ball. Take off heat and stir in eggs, spread evenly in pie plate. Bake 400 degrees for 45-50 minutes (mine gets done in less time than that I'd start checking on it about 25 min). Cool completely. Combine Salad ingredients and fill puff bowl.

Barbecued Burgers from my Sister's blog-not sure where she got it but I LOVE THEM!!!! They remind me of winger's hamburgers maybe because they are yummy messy. You can use the bbq sauce for other things too. My sister used for fajitas (different but still good). We used it on our chicken the other night.


Just some ideas. If you've got them PLEASE share. I love getting new recipes! especially ones that other's say are good. 

2 comments:

Stacey said...

I got the Barbecued Hamburgers from a Taste of Home Grilling cookbook, a book I cannot live without in the summer. Another recipe from there - Italian Grilled Cheese (grownup grilled cheese sandwiches)...yummmers. Slices of Italian bread, provolone cheese, slice of tomato, sprinkling of basil, or fresh basil leaves, with Italian dressing brushed on the outside and grilled to crunchy gooey perfection. Being grownup is so good.

Becky said...

Yummy! We've been grilling a lot. I love grilled food and Nate doesn't mind cooking on the grill no matter what the weather...well, not in the winter of course. ;)

Thanks for telling me to check out the Jacobsen's pirate party. SO cute! We're definitely going to have to copy their great ideas and throw our own pirate party someday. Thanks!