Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Tried it and Loved it

I'm super excited about a new blog Stacey is starting called Tried it and Loved it. It's going to be a recipe blog where she *plans* to post a recipe a day of foods that she has tried and loved. I'm super excited about this...I just wish that I had thought of it first! ;)  She does have some pretty tasty recipes and generally if she likes it, I'll like it. So I'm putting a link her on my side bar and I'm sue I'll be linking back to her blog several times. :) 

Last night we had Pioneer Potato Soup-which Stacey actually introduced me to. I would have NEVER tried this recipe on my own because generally I do not like potato soups...and rarely even think of soups but I love this, its soo tasty.  I should have taken a picture but I forgot and GG has the left overs with him at school.

My notes on this recipe..It needs bacon. We made it once without it was definitely lacking. We also like to serve it with the Artisan Bread that I previously posted about.  This recipe is so tasty we ate it twice this month.

Pioneer Potato Soup
1 quart chicken stock (you can use canned chicken broth but once again my sister introduced me to bouillion cubes to make your chicken broth..I imagine it is probably much cheaper than canned broth)
4 potatoes, chopped (about 4 cups)
2 C. sliced carrots
1/2 C sliced celery
1/4 C chopped onion
1 t salt
1/2 t marjoram, dill weed, or cumin (I use marjoram)
1/8 t white pepper
1 C milk or half and half
2 T flour
Garnishes: paprika, sliced green onion, crispy cooked and crumbled bacon, chopped chives, parsley, or parmesan cheese (I have only ever used bacon, parsley and added a little cheese)

Directions
Comine all ingredients except milk, flour and garnishes in large saucepan. Bring to boiling; simmer 30 minutes. Gradually add milk to flour, stirring until smooth. Stir into soup. Bring soup to boiling; boil for 1 minute stirring constantly. Garnish. 4-6 servings.

Happy eating!!

2 comments:

Stacey said...

Thanks for the shout out. I was going to tell you that we ate Potato soup on the same day as you. Weird, huh?

Dalan said...

Hmm... I'llk have to try that sout sometime. I don't really like soups, but the bacon might blend in good...Delicious!