Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Our Christmas Celebration

We made it through Christmas! I don't know what it was this year but I just wanted to get through it. My body was telling me I was overly anxious and stressed. I wasn't sure why but apparently it was Christmas because by dinner time on Christmas all the tension in my body finally went away.  It didn't help that on Christmas eve Boo thought she should be awake from 1ish to 4 ish in the morning. That made me super stressed about making it through Christmas day...when I knew a nap wasn't going to really fit in the picture that day. Anyway, it turned out to be a lovely day. 

Here's how we celebrated:
Christmas Eve we had fondue for dinner. And then afterwards we did a Christmas Minute to Win It game.

Jingle Box..they had to shake all the jingle bells out of the box.
 Holiday Kiss- Had to hang the ornament on a string

 Reindeer Nose Dive- had to get the red pom pom to stick to your nose with vaseline.

 Nutstacker..Boo trying to do it after GG and I did it. I won. :)


For Christmas my sister got a crazy idea to do a 12 days of Christmas dinner. That means 12 items that some how correlated with the 12 days. That is A LOT of FOOD. Thankfully, we started around 2:00 with 12 chicken wings drumsticks (?) (12 drummers drumming) and worked our way through the day and ended with a Pear Tart (partridge in a pear tree) around 8:00.  It turned out more lovely than I anticipated. Somethings really didn't relate...some how we ended up with Shirley Temples for 10 Lords a Leaping (????).   But it was a lovely 5 course dinner with some yummy foods- Butternut squash soup, who knew it would be so good? In love.

We are looking forward to another week and a half of just relaxing...and hopefully getting some exercising in after all that eating we've been doing! We hope you all had a lovely Christmas. Ours was wonderful but I'm thankful it's over too.  ahh sigh.

3 comments:

Chanda said...

Shirley Temple's catch phrase was leapin lizards...leapin...

Stacey said...

I was thinking it was because Shirley Temple was a dancer? Wasn't it Annie who's catch phrase was leapin' lizards? Stephanie is nuts, but that sounds like a lot of fun. Glad you had a fun Christmas.

Becky said...

Sounds like a fun Christmas! I love the family picture! So cute in front of the Christmas tree. That 12 days of Christmas feast sound yummy and fun!